Pet House Candle Review
The Pet House Candle is manufactured by One Fur All, a pet-safe product line developed in the United States; created by two best friends and pet lovers; David Neuwirth & Robert Eichner.
Candles, in general, are made with paraffin (petroleum-based wax), they are full of dyes and heavily scented with fragrance, some of which can be toxic to animals. We often burn these products in our home to eliminate pet smells and other odors, and unfortunately, many candles can be quite toxic to dogs, as well as humans. However, due to a dog's innate sense of smell, they are more susceptible to the scents and toxic waste these candles produce. Many candles are also infused with essential oils for fragrance, and in case you aren't already aware, many essential oils are toxic to animals.
The Pet House Candle offers a safe alternative for animals and humans alike. David & Robert have really done their research when it comes to the health and well being of your pet, and it's very appreciated. All of the essential oils used in these products are pet safe, as is the natural soy wax and the cotton wick.
- 100% natural soy wax
- 100% cotton wick
- Contains no paraffin/petroleum by-products
- Paraben, phthalate and dye-free
- Premium, non-toxic fragrances
- Reusable glass Jar (large candles)
Quality Of The Product
The product quality is excellent. Not only is the candle incredibly well made and carefully thought out in terms of ingredients, but the packaging is also beautiful. It's a candle you'd be happy to have on display in your home. Not to mention that it's long lasting and comes in a reusable glass jar.
Why Soy Wax And Cotton Wicks?
Because many people are unaware of just how hazardous regular candles are. They create indoor air pollution and emit toxic chemicals into our space that is just as damaging to our health as second-hand smoke is. Shocked? It's true.
Paraffin wax is a leading ingredient in regular candles, by burning paraffin, hazardous toxins are released into the air, the same toxins diesel fuel emits.
Standard wicks also contain heavy metals such as lead, even though regulations state that they should be made from cotton or paper. And as stated by Greenamerica.org, “A candle with a lead-core wick releases five times the amount of lead considered hazardous for children and exceeds EPA pollution standards for outdoor air."
For these incredibly important reasons, we should be choosing soy or beeswax candles.
Size: 8.5 oz Burn Time: Up to 60 hrs Cost: $21.95 USD
Size: 1.5 oz Burn Time: Up to 12 hrs Cost: $3.49 USD or
3 for $9.99 USD
The Different Candle Scents
- Candy Cane - A combination of peppermint and sweet vanilla.
- Evergreen Forest - The scent of a forest mixing together coniferous pines, crushed leaves, redwoods and sweet balsam.
- Fireside - Sandalwood, patchouli, clove, cinnamon, and bay evokes.
- Holidays Fur All - A holiday classic with scents of fir needles, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg.
- Hot Cocoa - An aromatic blend of chocolate morsels, cocoa and vanilla with a hint of mint and whipped cream.
- Snowfall - A light winter scent offering hints of eucalyptus, spearmint, with notes of fir needles and sandalwood.
- Sugar Cookies - Vanilla, Sugar, butter, and a hint of coconut and tonka bean.
Spring / Summer Fragrances:
- Bamboo Watermint - Bamboo combined with water flowers, lemon, lime and peppermint.
- Blackberry Tea - A mixture of blackberries with bergamot, pomegranate, crushed sage and dark tea leaves.
- Cucumber Mint - A spa-like scent with a blend of cucumber and mint.
- Fresh Citrus - A blend of orange, lemon peel and sweet vanilla sugar.
- Fresh Cut Roses - Red rose scent mixed with geranium notes.
- Juicy Melon - Honeydew, cantaloupe and orange with a pinch of sugar.
- Lavender Green Tea - A calming scent infused with French lavender, green tea and white lily with crisp citrus, melon and sage.
- Lilac Garden - An aromatic floral garden scent that mixes together purple lilac with iris bloom, wisteria, violet wood flower, sage flower and lavender.
- Mandarin Sage - Eucalyptus and bergamot combined with cedarwood, sandalwood and patchouli.
- Mango Peach - The tropical pairing of mango, peach, and melon with a hint of tangerine and jasmine.
- Mediterranean Sea - Floral accents, lemon and lime, with a hint of sweet amber musk.
- Moonlight - A masculine fragrance offering woody scents with amber and musk.
- Pina Colada - A blast in a glass offering scents of sweet pineapple, coconut milk, refreshing yuzu, chilled rum and creamy vanilla.
- Pink Sugar - Sugar, vanilla and amber with a hint of jasmine and lemon.
- Ruby Red Grapefruit - Zesty grapefruit, a hint of red currant and grapefruit flower.
- Sunwashed Cotton - A crisp, clean laundry scent - Rocky's favourite, so far!
- Vanilla Sandalwood - Earthy scents of sandalwood, cedarwood, amber and musk with a hint of vanilla and tonka beans.
- Wildflowers - A nice spring arrangement of heather, hyacinth, carnations and lily of the valley.
- Wild Blueberries - Wild blueberries, strawberries and blackberry jam, with a hint of vanilla sugar.
- Apple Cider - The scent of fresh apple juice mixed with cinnamon and clove.
- Autumn Harvest - A combination of cinnamon, clove, vanilla and musk.
- Falling Leaves - Nutmeg, cinnamon and clove.
- Pecan Pie - A nutty aroma that incorporates pecans, sweet maple, toasted coconut, with a hint of vanilla and a buttery pie crust.
- Pumpkin Spice - A fall blend incorporating scents of pumpkin, cinnamon sugar, maple butter and vanilla bean.
- Red Currant - Red currants with sugar.
- Vanilla Creme Brulee - Creamy vanilla, maple cinnamon and caramelized sugar.
- Jasmine Lily - Floral fragrances of white lily, jasmine, ylang-ylang with lavender and bergamot.
- Lavender Vanilla - A mixture of lavender and vanilla with subtle hints of eucalyptus, tonka bean, cedarwood and sandalwood.
- Lemon Verbena - A clean citrus fragrance that blends lemon verbena, lemon, fresh lime and lemongrass with a hint of jasmine blossom.
- Ocean Breeze - Fresh ocean and lime notes, combined with floral scents; gardenia, jasmine and cyclamen.
- Furever Loved Memorial Candle - A light and comforting scent that mixes various floral and citrus scents, balanced with a hint of citrus honey and golden vanilla.
Where To Purchase
For in-person shopping, the best tool to use would be the online store finder to find a retailer near you.
If you prefer to do your shopping online then head directly to the One Fur All website. They presently only ship within the United States.
Returns & Shipping Information
If your Pet House Candle was purchased from a local pet store or through Amazon, you would have to adhere to their return policy.
Purchases made directly on the One Fur All website will adhere to the below information:
One Fur All offers a 100% money-back guarantee. You have 30 days from the date of purchase to return your candle should you not be satisfied with your purchase. A copy of your receipt is needed for proof of purchase. You will be required to pay for your own shipping costs when returning an item.
One Fur All ships via UPS, and in some instances, using USPS.
Free shipping is offered on orders over $45.
Unfortunately for those who live in Canada, One Fur All only ships in the United States. But this doesn't mean that you can't pick one up, I was able to purchase my candles through Amazon.ca and at my local Ren's Pet Depot. I have placed a link to the Canadian Amazon store directly above.
Highly Recommended and Rocky Approved!
I stumbled upon the Pet House Candle by One Fur All by chance while in a local pet store. They had a display set up right next to the cash, and the labeling caught my eye. I decided to try the mini sampler pack to ensure I liked this product before making a larger purchase, and I have to say, it far exceeded my expectations.
My first mini candle lasted around 12-13 hours and the scent was wonderful (Sunwashed Cotton). I recommend the mini candles for bedrooms/smaller spaces and the larger candles for bigger areas. I didn't find the scent over-powering, and I found that it lasted a good while in the space it was lit.
Being able to burn a candle without worry that I'm chemically harming Rocky or myself is truly wonderful, this is one of the many reasons as to why I love my Pet House Candle. One Fur All takes into consideration safety standards and the well-being of our pets so that we can utilize these small luxuries without worry.
I would recommend their products to everyone!
Be sure to subscribe to our site so you never miss a post!